Live. Work. Smile.
Bruce County offers an alternative lifestyle: stunningly beautiful, affordable, and community-driven. Here, the search for work-life balance ends – it just comes naturally.
Welcome to your best life.
- Pay just $263k for your home (on average)
- Spend just 16 minutes commuting to work (on average)
- Endless recreational opportunities:
- Explore the world-famous Grotto in Bruce Peninsula National Park
- Lounge on 1 of 24 white sand beaches
- Hike the 264 km of Bruce Trail in Bruce County
- Canoe or kayak the Saugeen River or Sauble River
- Play a round at 1 of 11 golf courses
- Take a glass-bottom boat tour in Fathom Five National Marine Park (think turquoise water and 22 shipwrecks)
- Cycle from Lake Huron to Georgian Bay
- Eat local at 1 of 1928 family farms
- Skate the outdoor skating trail MacGregor Point Provincial Park
- Ride the Chi-Cheemaun from Tobermory to Manitoulin Island
- See the stars like never before in a Dark Sky Preserve on the Bruce Peninsula
LocationThe beaches of Lake Huron and amazing sunsets mark the spot, but it's being 10 minutes from Bruce Power, and within an easy 2.5 hour drive of 2 million people in southwestern Ontario that are just as important when considering this easily accessible location.Nestled at the foot of the Bruce Peninsula, Wiarton is within an easy drive of the major technology, manufacturing, engineering and financial centres of southwestern Ontario.There's a short ten minutes between each of the communities of Huron-Kinloss and beautiful rolling farmland in between. Travel another two hours or so by well-maintained highways and you're in the major urban centres of southwestern and central Ontario, with easy access to the United States.Although reminiscent of a British limestone cliff village, you’re actually situated only three and a half hours from the GTA and less than three from Barrie, proving business hub access really can be combined with serenity.Located only a 20-minute drive from the beaches of Saugeen Shores and close enough for a day trip to major commercial hubs such as London and Toronto, Paisley is an accessible, picturesque gem on Bruce County’s map.Port Elgin is about two hours from Canada's largest population centre and one minute from the beaches and sunsets of Lake Huron. Access is simple - choose any one of five highways and the U.S. border crossing into Michigan is less than two hours south. While the trails and wonders of the Bruce Peninsula are only a short drive or hike away. Extensive pleasure boat moorings and a local airport serving personal air travel are also central to the municipality.Occupying a prime spot on the shores of Lake Huron and boasting the second longest freshwater beach in the world, Sauble Beach is an attractive feature of the Town of South Bruce Peninsula. It’s accessed quickly and easily by car, air and boat from Ontario's most populous urban commercial centres and is close enough to allow easy border entry into The United States.Southampton is a topographical masterpiece of beach, parkland and suburban community found within Saugeen Shores on Lake Huron. Hop in your car and drive in any direction to effortlessly reach the major touch points of your local and Greater Ontario business networks.The communities in the South Bruce region are located on the southern border of Bruce County, 10-14 kms from one another. They’re about a half hour’s drive to the beaches of Lake Huron for fun and about two hours by well-maintained highways to Ontario's most populous regions. You get both peace and tranquility and access to markets when you choose South Bruce.Easily explore other Northern Bruce Peninsula towns such as Dyer’s Bay and Lion’s Head by car within a half hour in any direction. Hop over to Manitoulin Island by the Chi-Cheemaun for a solid break. Or take a speedy trip by highway to Hamilton, London or Barrie to stay on the pulse of business.The Municipality of Brockton, with Walkerton at its core, is nestled in the countryside of the Saugeen and Teeswater Rivers of Bruce County. It’s almost equidistant from Toronto and Hamilton and with the Saugeen Municipal Airport right there, keeping on top of business and leisure is a breeze.
Work For AllWe are a blend of entrepreneurial opportunity that spans energy and tourism, agri-business and culture, technology and retail.
- Registered businesses = 5,797
- Unemployment rate = 5.5% (2106)
- 1/3 of Ontario's electricity produced in Bruce County
- 2.5M tourists (2018) = $299M spent
- 1,928 family farms
- Population = 68,147
- Average home price = $263k
- Average commute time = 16 minutes